The Basilica of the Holy Cross is a church in Warsaw, located on Krakó w Suburbs Street, belonging to the Catholic Order of the Lazarists. Originally, the Chapel of the Holy Cross stood on this site, mentioned in 1510. In 1525, a wooden church stood here, and in 1653 it was transferred to the monastic Order of the Lazarists. The modern building was erected in 1679-1696 in the Baroque style. Its designer was the royal court architect Jó zef Szymon Bellotti, and the founders were Abbot Szczuka and Primate Michał Stefan Radziejowski, who consecrated the church on October 14.→
no comments yet |
leave a comment