Fujairah Fort Fujairah Fort, Fujairah Fort
Fujairah Fort is a huge castle built in 1670 AD. e. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Mater Al Sharqi. For many centuries it was the only stone building along the coast of Fujairah. The Fort was used as a defensive structure and residence of the ruling family.
In 1925 the British bombarded the city. Only ruins remained of the city. It was the last such episode in national history.
The fortress was restored, and now this grand Fort is a wonderful monument of fortification architecture of the Middle Ages. During the restoration of the Fort, a modern material was used - concrete, which looks rough on the old stone base.
The Fujairah Fort is a mud brick structure. It consists of three main sections, several halls, a square tower and two round towers.
Unlike other fortresses, the Fujairah Fort is not used as a museum.