The origins of the church date back to the fourteenth century, when Prince Janusz the Elder founded a wooden church together with the hospital. The temple was destroyed during the Swedish flood. In 1671, King Jan Casimir transferred the ruins and the surrounding land to the Pauline Fathers as an expression of gratitude for the defense of Jasna Gó ra. Around 1682, the monks built a brick monastery building on this site, in which the Holy Spirit Hospital was established. The church was built in 1707-1717 according to the design of Jó zef Szymon Belotti and Jó zef Piaola in the Baroque style.→
no comments yet |
leave a comment