Початки церкви сягають чотирнадцятого століття, коли князь Януш Старший разом з лікарнею заснував дерев'яну церкву. Храм був зруйнований під час шведського потопу. У 1671 році король Ян Казимир передав руїни та прилеглі землі отцям паулінам як вираз вдячності за оборону Ясни Гури. Приблизно в 1682 році ченці побудували на цьому місці цегляну будівлю монастиря, в якому була створена лікарня Святого Духа.
Церква була зведена в 1707-1717 роках за проєктом Юзефа Шимона Белотті і Юзефа Пяоли в стилі бароко. У 1807 році монастир захопила армія Наполеона Бонапарта – в ньому облаштували склад і казарми. У 1819 році згромадження було розпущено, церква передана Братству святого Бенно, а існуючий госпіталь Святого Духа перенесено на вулицю Пширинека. У 1845 році до храму прибудували сходи, а в 1863 році перед церквою поставили скульптуру Пресвятої Богородиці.
Під час Варшавського повстання церква була частково зруйнована. У 1949 році отці пауліни повернулися до Варшави і з їхньої ініціативи костел був перебудований. Реставрація храму була завершена в 1956 році. Щороку з костелу Святого Духа вирушає варшавське паломництво до Ченстохови.
The origins of the church date back to the fourteenth century, when Prince Janusz the Elder founded a wooden church together with the hospital. The temple was destroyed during the Swedish flood. In 1671, King Jan Casimir transferred the ruins and the surrounding land to the Pauline Fathers as an expression of gratitude for the defense of Jasna Gó ra. Around 1682, the monks built a brick monastery building on this site, in which the Holy Spirit Hospital was established.
The church was built in 1707-1717 according to the design of Jó zef Szymon Belotti and Jó zef Piaola in the Baroque style. In 1807, the monastery was captured by Napoleon Bonaparte's army - it was equipped with a warehouse and barracks. In 1819, the congregation was dissolved, the church was transferred to the Brotherhood of St. Benno, and the existing Holy Spirit Hospital was moved to Przyrynek Street. In 1845, a staircase was added to the church, and in 1863, a sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary was placed in front of the church.
During the Warsaw Uprising, the church was partially destroyed. In 1949, the Pauline Fathers returned to Warsaw and, on their initiative, the church was rebuilt. The restoration of the church was completed in 1956. Every year, a pilgrimage from Warsaw to Czę stochowa departs from the Church of the Holy Spirit.