The monastery complex of the Sisters of the Sacraments in Warsaw was founded in 1687 by Queen Marie Casimir d'Arquien, who was given the name Marisenka. It was a vote of gratitude for the victory of her husband, King Jan III Sobieski, over the Turks in Vienna in 1683 and was to become the future mausoleum of the Sobieski family. For this purpose, the ruler purchased from the governor of Nowogró d Adam Kotowski and his wife Mał gorzata a residence on the New Town Square, which was transformed into a church-monastery complex.→
no comments yet |
leave a comment