In this hotel, I realized that big hotels are not for me, the feeling of an anthill, and this despite the fact that the hotel is not fully populated. What will happen in the season!
The service is good, the staff is very kind, many speak Russian. No complaints.
The food is plentiful, tasty, but don't expect delicacies.
And like I said, the beach is amazing. The descent is a staircase, somewhere in a meter and a half stupidly breaks off. If you are young and strong, crawl over the pebbles without any problems, I did not succeed.
That's all. In general, not bad, I love Cyprus, the nature is gorgeous. Good luck to all
For example, Ibises are s-stars, but they are better than this hotel in all respects. All in all, my rating is 2.5 stars. ?
I would like to share my experience of staying at this hotel. Please consider my opinion subjective, and I will not draw conclusions whether you should go to it or not.
Unfortunately, there was a feeling of not complete, but disappointment. In this regard, I wonder how this hotel scored such high reviews?
1. Room - Shabby and obsolete, I am attaching a photo of rusty parts, fungus on the air conditioner, and in general its condition. It gets very warm during the day even with the air conditioner running, we had to sleep without turning it off, which in the presence of small children can cause illness. Soundproofing is poor. The only plus in my opinion in the room was the size of the bed, it's really huge, the mattress is a little squeezed, but in principle it's comfortable to sleep. Pillows are not very high quality, the material inside goes astray. Bed linen is of good quality, but in recent days for some reason they didn’t put duvet covers on the blanket, perhaps the laundry couldn’t cope, because. before that there was a situation when we did not find fresh towels, the maids explained this by the workload of the laundry.
2. Halls and corridors - there are carpets in the corridors, we got the impression that they were not vacuumed at all during our stay. Attached is the confirmation. The lobby is the only place where the Internet somehow works, all the sofas are crammed into the main children downloading games, climbing social networks and communicating with friends using all sorts of programs. A large number of people coming and going, as well as people complaining about the conditions and demanding that they be changed. In short, an ant.
3. Internet - consider that it does not exist. Catches only in the lobby, and at some points nearby. Constantly throws out, requires reboots, etc. People who, by the nature of their activities, must be constantly in touch, immediately get ready to buy SIM cards for 20 euros for 2 gigabytes, which are a whole thing to set up, you need to call the operator, in general, ask the locals to set everything up for you right away in the store where you buy. ?
4. The territory is large, but nevertheless, given the 100% occupancy of the hotel, in general, a large anthill. ?
5. The pools are crowded with people, the water temperature is too warm, in the heat of August it is simply not refreshing. Also, get ready for the fact that from 8 in the morning, towels of the guests will be laid out on almost all sunbeds and you will have to fight for a free place))). The evidence is attached. Otherwise, there are no complaints about the pool. Basically clean.
6. The beach - it simply does not exist, there is a platform with sand on a rock with a small number of sunbeds, but given that the beach is not popular, there are enough of them. Then a ladder - a descent into the water, a small sandy strip mixed with pebbles. But always huge waves. Even in the presence of protective shoes for reefs, we never dared to swim there. The red flag is constantly raised. Many advise the beach of the neighboring hotel (on the left) St. George, but this is also a very specific place, in fact it is an artificially created bay with the help of breakwaters, which was covered with sand, but stones were also preserved. There is no beach as such, everyone is located on a platform of stones that are filled with some kind of mixture of concrete with shells (well, or something similar). In principle, you can go and freshen up, but given the specifics described above - not for long, because. no possibility to install an umbrella and very hot. In principle, there is a way out, there is a bar nearby, take a frappe or fresh juice and calmly fall out on their sofas from wooden pallets with mattresses. A good beach is Coral Bay. Liked it very much. 2 sun loungers and an umbrella - 7 euros. First we went by bus, then we rented a car. Still good beaches in Polis next to the Baths of Aphrodite - that's just a bomb, like in the movies. But this is only by car or take a tour, although not so far, about 40 km, but along mountain roads. We were also on the beaches near the birthplace of Aphrodite, beautiful, but the pebbles and the water was cold.
7. The contingent and entertainment - 60 percent are British and also a lot of Jews, everything is tailored for the British, all shows are only in English, every evening we don’t need lotto (bingo), in general, there are no complaints about the animators, they are just installed, as for me , dull standards are absolutely not interesting for us. Well, in general, everything is very local, well, that's not interesting at all, that's all. Children are just crowds of them, sometimes you get the impression that you are in a camp.
8. Transport - there is a bus stop nearby, at the beginning we used it (if you are planning several trips per day, analyze whether it is profitable for you to take a day ticket, it costs 5 euros, and a one-time trip is 1.5 euros, tickets are bought from the driver), but realizing that there was nothing to catch in the hotel and we missed the choice, on the 4th day we took a car and tried to come to the hotel only to spend the night. The car was ordered through a representative of the tour operator, Suzuki Swift on the machine. 35 euros - day. Compared, cheaper than through sites.
? nine. The staff - the performers work, try, it doesn’t always work out really, regarding the leaders - it seems that they have complete indifference to our tourists, they fawn over the British, and the rest are somehow on their side.
? 10. Kitchen -? I would say a boarding house, exactly, high-calorie, but boring. In fact, the following products were daily - chicken, part of the pork from which bacon is cut, white fish - were prepared daily, just in different versions, sometimes with herbs, sometimes in tomatoes, sometimes under feta, etc. But the products themselves are the same. Salads - only fresh vegetables and herbs, you mix and season yourself. Salads seasoned by chefs are practically inedible. They are trying, in my opinion, to combine incompatible products (simply which they have not eaten before). Sometimes diluted with beef, squid, cutlets, etc. But in general, norms, you will not stay hungry. There is no shade for desserts, ice cream is also constantly available. But don't expect exotics either. Yes, a few more times there were the right ribs from the oven - very tasty.
11. Drinks - for breakfast, tea and instant coffee from a coffee machine, drinks - juices, but they have nothing to do with juices, these are chemistry diluted with water of the appropriate taste. At lunch and dinner, it is added - Pepsi, Mirinda, 7ap, mineral water. Alcohol is all Greek production, but without pretensions.
? 12. The situation in the restaurant is an anthill, there are not enough tables, there are not enough salt shakers, the waiters do not have time to clean and set the tables. It is better to come for dinner closer to 21.00, when the British will already overeat and go to watch the daily fun - bingo.
? 13. The water park is good, there are no complaints, one of the slides did not work, but nothing, there is enough entertainment for children. ?
15. Tour operator - Join Up, the only offer, sign with hotels where it will be comfortable for tourists from Ukraine and not for the British, or both, but not vice versa, take into account the specifics of the hotel and not just photos in the off season!
16. Carrier - Yanair. Flight there: Everything is punctual. The plane is not new, but not as dead as that of Belavia, for example, Recaro seats, it is comfortable to sit. Flight back: they must fly to the Sun at 14.00, at the very beginning of the holiday I receive information that they are rescheduling for 8 pm, 2 days before departure for 1 am the next day, at the airport we find out that the flight is being rescheduled for 4 am. It turned out that on seats A this is Monday and everyone already needs to go to work, while half of the passengers from the regions, it is clear that they can no longer use the train tickets they originally bought, many hoped to leave Kyiv at 7 in the morning on Intercity trains, but did not have time. In general, the situation was tense. The mind of the airline or tour operator to provide buses, to breed at the stations - was not enough. In general, I used the services of one and the other for the first time, but I will try to avoid in the future.
17. Agency - Smart girls. tried, no complaints.
? eighteen. Check-out - I repeat, the hotel is 100% loaded, in this regard, check-out at 12.00 and not a minute later. When asked where it would be possible to prepare ourselves for departure in the evening (in the hope that they would provide a room, as the representative of the tour operator had mentioned earlier), we were asked to change clothes in the toilets. The curtain )))
Larisa - bartender, works from 09.00 to 17.00 in a bar near the reception, GOLDEN PERSON!! ! Come in, and she will be pleased, and she will help you if necessary!
? Near the sports ground - 2 fig trees, ? pluck do not be shy, delicious, sweet.
? Animation for children - they will be busy all day if they are 9 years old and older (do not forget about English, but the children will understand each other with gestures).
Water park for children.
? Cyprus - if you take a car and drive, you can discover many interesting places, you really liked it: Coral Bay Beach, Paphos promenade, Limassol promenade and the old town, Beaches near the Aphrodite bath, Aphrodite's birthplace, Dionysus bath, Troodos, Modos ). Do not be afraid of left-hand traffic, you get used to it in 20 minutes.
Stay in August 2016