Questions about IstanbulCurrency and money

Ask a Question
Ask a question
Experts and experienced tourists will answer
+ Add question details

More about Istanbul
It’s just that if you change lira for dollars, and then dollars for rubles, it’s very unprofitable.
7 years ago  •  4 subscribers 5 answers
I have never withdrawn money from an ATM abroad. Please explain, when I withdraw money from an ATM, do I have to dial the amount in lira or rubles on the scoreboard?
10 years ago  •  5 subscribers 5 answers
I can not decide about the Turkish lira: bring euros with you and exchange for lira or get lira at an ATM with a card in a bank? Let me know if anyone has come across this issue.
10 years ago  •  3 subscribers 4 answers
We arrive in Sabiha at 5 am. Where can I change at least a small amount for travel to the hotel at this time of day? at or near the airport...
10 years ago  •  4 subscribers 3 answers
Tell me, please, where is the best place to change dollars for lira at Ataturk Airport? I know that dollars / euros are accepted everywhere, but lira is needed to pay for the hotel upon arrival, and for public transport (Istanbul card), so I would like to change money at a sane rate, if one can be found at all at the airport. Coordinate the location of the exchange point at the airport, please. Or, maybe you will advise to change a little at the airport only to pay for the metro / tram, but tell me a more or less favorable exchange point in the area of ​​​​the Sultanahmet tram stop (in the area where the hotel is located)?
12 years ago  •  4 subscribers 6 answers
I sent an email to the hotel I want to book. I received an unexpected answer: the hotel does not ask for credit card details to confirm the reservation. Payment can be made at the hotel upon arrival. Cancellations must be made 24 hours before check-in date... What's the catch??? I don't understand, I used to book through booking.com with a card. What does this mean, and how do they insure if I do not cancel the order .. . Or is it better through booking??? What is the best way to book from their website or from booking.com. Tell??? Please urgently, we need to book today. Thank you
12 years ago  •  3 subscribers 4 answers
В условиях бронирования букинга есть такое правило : "Отель оставляет за собой право предварительного блокирования средств на кредитной карте до приезда гостя." Что это значит?. Я должна внести данные своей карточки, но она у меня для перечисления зароботной платы, и я пользуюсь ей ,часто снимаю деньги.Что это за блокирование? И я не помню уже , один раз бронировала на букенге, там какие-то проценты снимают сразу? Тогда бронировала перед отьездом за пару дней. Как же люди бронируют отели за пол года и что не могут свободно пользоваться своими средствами. Что-то я не поняла, обьясните пожалуйста.
12 years ago  •  8 subscribers 11 answers
What is the currency in Turkey, how to pay, what is the exchange rate to the dollar. Where are the best exchangers?
12 years ago  •  7 subscribers 9 answers
Here, suppose, I flew to Istanbul. In the wallet only dollars and euros. What do you do? Immediately at the airport, change to lira at a clearly unfavorable rate, or can you get by with hard currency? What kind of money do taxi drivers take? Underground? Tram? How widespread are payments via a payment card.
13 years ago  •  5 subscribers 5 answers